Manager of Technical Accounting and Reporting
About The Position
We're looking for a highly-motivated technical accounting and reporting professional to join our dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team for candidates who are looking to enhance their technical accounting skills. This individual will take on interesting and challenging responsibilities, including managing all aspects of technical reporting, providing guidance on complex technical accounting, supporting the implementation of new accounting standards and other areas of technical accounting, as well as assisting with the implementation of internal controls needed in a high growth technology company to ensure SOX compliance.
This role will be highly collaborative with other functions, including corporate accounting, finance and strategy, investor relations and legal. A successful candidate will possess a strong set of research, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills; have the ability to coordinate /effectively manage projects to deliver strong results, thrive in an environment of rapid change; be proactive and deadline-focused; work effectively within cross-functional teams; have a passion for operational excellence. The candidate will report to the Corporate Controller.
About this role (Responsibilities)
- In conjunction with the accounting team, preparation and management of the Company’s external reporting and external audit process.
- In partnership with the team, review major corporate events (e.g. M&A) to assess their accounting and reporting impact.
- Partner with corporate accounting, FP&A and other teams to identify, assess, and conclude on complex accounting matters and provide guidance related to new accounting standards upon their adoption.
- Matters may include warrants, equity accounting and purchase accounting.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of US GAAP and technical reporting regulations while being a part of a dynamic and collaborative team and having opportunities to enhance technical accounting skills.
- Research various US GAAP guidance and applicable technical reporting regulations related to major corporate events and document in technical memoranda.
- Train the team on the new accounting standards, including ASC 842.
- Proactively monitor changes to accounting environment, research and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist with implementation of internal controls needed in a high growth technology company to ensure SOX compliance.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with cross-functional teams on process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- 6-8 years of progressive financial accounting experience in public accounting firm (preferably Big 4, manager level) and/or accounting department of a publicly traded company with technical accounting research and technical reporting responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and technical reporting regulations and ability to assess, analyze and document accounting positions
- Fintech / technology industry experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills