Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships
About The Position
Fireblocks is a leading digital assets infrastructure provider for some of the biggest financial institutions in the crypto space. Fireblocks’ SaaS platform is used by hundreds of customers for conducting their robust financial operations on the platform
This role is responsible for identifying, negotiating, and implementing partnerships with traditional financial services and technology providers that will drive meaningful revenue for Fireblocks. Reporting to the VP, Head of Corporate Strategy, this role will work with product, product strategy, R&D, sales, marketing, and legal as it implements partnerships. The role will also have extensive engagement with prospective partners throughout the industry.
- Identify new partnership opportunities that can help Fireblocks enter new markets or provide new services.
- Negotiate and implement and manage partnerships with core banking providers that generate material incremental revenue.
- Build a business case to support and design the structure of partnerships.
In this role, you will:
- Can navigate partner organizations to identify champions and build scalable operational processes.
- Can work closely with key executive stakeholders to develop a business case and strategic rationale for the partnerships.
- Must thrive in working with multidisciplinary teams, including but not limited to product, technology, legal, sales, and marketing.
- Ability to negotiate complex commercial agreements.
- Clear written and verbal communication – including presenting to executives – is essential to be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally. Ability to present to executives essential.
- Must be able to lead teams that do not report to you.
- Excited to challenge and be challenged and work as a team to execute the best idea.
- Understanding of traditional financial market infrastructures.
- Must have a bias for action and a strong ability to execute.
- This role will begin as an individual contributor.
- Education: Undergraduate degree required (open to background). Advanced degree preferred – MBA, JD, Masters in another relevant field.
- 8-10 years of experience in partnerships, corporate development, product management, channel partnerships, strategic sales, strategic investing or management consulting.
- Background in financial services, specifically in payments, market infrastructures, financial technology, institutional or commercial banking, settlement, and clearing, or trading.
- Experience negotiating, implementing, and/or managing profitable partnerships.
- International exposure is a plus.
- Limited travel expected.