Director of Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships
About The Position
This is an opportunity to join a newly formed team with a mandate to help drive meaningful growth for Fireblocks.
As one of the key senior hires, this role will help establish and scale the function. This role is responsible for identifying and negotiating commercial transactions with established leaders and innovative start-ups that will drive meaningful revenue or accelerate a strategic initiative.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy, this role will work closely with Product, R&D, Sales, Marketing, and
Legal to structure transactions that support the execution of our strategy.
The role will also have extensive engagement with prospective partners and industry contacts.
- Identify new partnership opportunities that can help Fireblocks enter new markets or provide new services.
- Build a business case to support and design the structure of partnerships.
- Identify and/or assess opportunities for strategic investments and acquisitions, and lead transactions.
Undergraduate degree required (open to background). Advanced degree preferred – MBA, JD, Masters in another relevant field.
o 10-14 years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, partnerships, management consulting, strategic investing, product management.
o Background in financial services.
o Experience negotiating commercial transactions.
- Can navigate partner organizations to identify champions and build scalable operational processes.
- Can work closely with executive stakeholders to develop the business cases and strategic rationale for the transactions.
- Must thrive in working with multidisciplinary teams, including but not limited to product, technology, legal, sales, and marketing.
- Ability to negotiate and manage complex commercial agreements.
- Clear written and verbal communication – including presenting to executives – is essential.
- Must be able to lead teams that do not report to you.
- Excited to challenge and be challenged and work as a team to execute the best idea.
- Understanding of financial markets and/or banking technology.
- Must have a bias for action and a strong ability to execute.
- This role will begin as an individual contributor.