Deputy Chief Compliance Officer
About The Position
As Fireblocks’ Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for building and managing a best-in-class BSA/AML compliance department to support U.S. growth initiatives. Your responsibilities will encompass the creation and revision of compliance department policies and procedures as well as the management of day-to-day operations, including responsibility for the KYC/onboarding program, ongoing monitoring and reporting requirements, and audit management, among other things.
This role reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer. The expectation is that you will be a key and visible figure in creating and instilling a culture of compliance throughout the organization, and you will be expected to collaborate closely with individuals and functions around the world to achieve compliance department objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will need to master the legal and business concepts relevant to compliance risk management in the digital asset industry. This will require you to operate on the cutting edge of innovation in a rapidly evolving legal and regulatory environment, with the ability and drive to push forward into new skill sets and subject matter areas. If you have a strong record of success in compliance leadership or senior compliance roles, a passion for digital asset markets, and a desire to take on a senior role in a fast-growing company, then this may be the perfect position and next challenge for you.
- Partner with the Chief Compliance Officer to develop strategic compliance department goals, identify control weaknesses and recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Fireblocks compliance department using a combination of vendor tools and manual processes
- Develop, draft and refine compliance department policies and procedures and manage the update and approval process
- Comprehensively understand Fireblocks’ business and operations globally, and work with senior management to improve the enterprise control environment
- Serve as an escalation point for complex legal and compliance issues both within and outside the context of the compliance department
- Provide guidance to the CCO on compliance matters
- Be prepared to take on additional projects and/or responsibilities as a leader and representative of the compliance department
- At least 5 years of experience in the compliance department of a top-tier financial institution, or comparable experience at a reputable law or consulting firm. 7+ years of total experience with some in compliance leadership or senior compliance roles at a digital asset exchange or custodian is preferred
- Expert understanding of BSA/AML program requirements, particularly as applied to money services businesses in the digital asset industry
- Previous experience performing customer risk assessments, transaction analysis, and sanctions screening, making suspicious activity determinations, and managing audits and regulatory inquires/interactions
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to tailor messages for executive and external audiences
- Effective working remotely, both independently and in collaboration with others