Director of Research - Singapore
About The Position
As a Research Director, you’ll be working alongside the broader Fireblocks team to produce industry-leading research. Your work will be read by digital strategists and business leaders across traditional and digital asset native institutions. You’ll be responsible for staying up to date on the bleeding edge of trends in the digital asset space and analyzing data for quarterly research pieces. You’ll have the freedom to develop research along the lines of digitally native tokens (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.), DeFi applications, the intersection of traditional financial asset infrastructure and blockchain, Web3, Oracles, NFTs, or whatever else becomes topics of interest to our clients.
You will work hand-in-hand with the Business Solutions and Product Strategy teams to ensure that the research delivered comprehensively meets the needs of our customers. Your ability to synthesize and convey your ideas publicly will be important, as you will be directly engaged with clients during project engagements.
Additionally, we’ll encourage you to participate in discussions on Twitter, Clubhouse, other social media platforms and represent Fireblocks as a digital asset expert at events.
You’ll be a great fit for the role and fit in well at Fireblocks if you share the following qualities:
Accountability and Autonomy: Fireblocks is a team of doers that believes in the value of executing and delivering products to our customers. If you think a process can be improved or that we should be doing something that we’re not, then we encourage you to take initiative.
Collaboration: Our team works together to build the products that support leading businesses in the digital asset space. We are a group of collaborative individuals that put Fireblock’s mission above personal achievement. We challenge each other and provide feedback on a daily basis and will expect you to do the same.
Curiosity: To succeed in this role you need to be relentlessly intellectually curious – you’re the type of person who loves to explore cutting-edge tech. We’re all borderline obsessed with digital assets and their potential to disrupt financial services. Working in a space that will impact the future of finance should excite you.
Nice to haves: If you’re financially savvy – excel and financial modeling aren’t strangers – that’s a plus. Or if technical in some other capacity – writing SQL queries, can work with APIs to get interesting data, etc. – that’s also a plus.
- Conduct research for trending topics in the cryptocurrency industry
- Compile reports and articles for both internal consumption and external publication
- Liaison with external research partners including media, consulting firms, and academia
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and analytical mind
- Outstanding verbal and written English
- Advanced skill in MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Curious and eager to learn about cryptocurrencies
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to handle fast-paced work
- Ability to learn fast and work independently
- Experience in cryptocurrency industry / consulting firms / financial institutions / academia
- Statistics, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Solidity, Data Science, Machine Learning