Director of Risk Management
About The Position
About the Position:
Fireblocks is a fast-growing VC-backed startup focused on securing and transferring digital assets across public and private blockchains. Based on explosive growth in 2021 we are looking to expand our Legal team across the globe. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with a passionate team about security and blockchain technology and you have a strong track record of success, we’d love to speak to you.
Fireblocks is one of the most well-funded and fastest-growing start-ups in the crypto and blockchain space. We’re on a mission to enable every business in the world to securely and easily support digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Today, over 1300 customers rely on the Fireblocks platform to store, transfer and issue digital assets – and we’re just getting started.
Fireblocks is looking for a Director of Risk Management with the ability to assess risk, develop mitigation plans, and serve as a risk subject matter expert on all risk fronts, and mainly on the product and operational ones.
This is an opportunity to join a newly formed team with a mandate to help drive meaningful growth for Fireblocks. The right individual will have a hand in building a risk management team from the ground up. They would provide insights to relevant stakeholders in optimizing and managing risk which will ultimately impact the overall business performance.
- Deep involvement in the product development and operational processes
- Identify, quantify, and monitor risks to enable risk-based actions and decision-making by business leaders
- Co-develop risk mitigation strategies/action plans with risk owners to address the highest priority risks and be able to execute them
- Develop, support, and track reporting requirements (KPIs and KRIs), and communicate these metrics to senior leadership
- Champion a strong risk culture
- Monitor industry trends and maintain compliance with regulatory expectations and requirements
- Provide risk expertise consultation, support, and constructive challenge to complex business areas with high risk
- Undergraduate degree required
- 8+ years of experience in providing risk expertise, strategizing, and monitoring execution of action plans
- Technical or product background, high technical skills, and ability to work closely with the Product and R&D teams
- Proven leadership capabilities as well as building strong collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders.
- High level understanding of risk management and experience in evaluating risk and implementing corrective action.
- Great communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience and prioritization skills needed