CBDC and Market Infrastructure Director
About The Position
Do you believe that all financial assets will have a digital representation? Do you want to be part of a team that is driving that transformation? Reporting to the VP, Head of Corporate Strategy team, this role will be responsible for identifying business opportunities for Fireblocks to support the transformation of traditional financial assets as they transform into digital representations. The role will engage with market infrastructures, central banks, relevant associations, and the banking community as they adopt digital assets.
- Develop a strategy for engaging with leading central banks, CSDs, and exchanges that positions Fireblocks as the technology partner of choice for digital asset infrastructure.
- Drive new revenue opportunities based on developed and approved strategies.
- Provide executive team and relevant colleagues with insights based on trends and latest developments on CBDC and digitization of traditional financial assets.
- Ability to analyze central bank and/or market infrastructure requirements, and convert them into business opportunities or actionable outcomes for Fireblocks.
- Work closely with Product Strategy and Product to share market insights and develop Fireblocks CBDC product roadmap.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally. Executive-level presentation skills are a must.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Bias for action is a must.
- Excited to challenge and be challenged and work as a team to execute the best idea.
- Some travel expected
Education: Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred – public policy, economics, MBA, or masters in another relevant field, or Juris Doctor.
- Experience working at a central bank or financial regulator in a policy position is a plus
- Experience working at a bank, market infrastructure, banking association in a role that required engaging with regulators
- Deep understanding of digital assets, blockchain technology, trends in CBDC, and relevant policy considerations.