Security is at the core of Fireblocks, and when you build on Fireblocks, you’re building with technology that has been designed by a team of security and cryptography experts.
Our technology is peer reviewed, vetted by the most stringent of organizations – such as ISO, C4, AICPA, and NCC Group – and most importantly, trusted globally by thousands of organizations of all sizes and scale. When you build on Fireblocks, you’re building your business for success. In line with the Permissionless hackathon’s theme, Fireblocks invites you to build your project not just in a good way, but in the best way, using the best tools in the market.
The Fireblocks Developer Sandbox is where you’ll gain access to the most secure and battle-tested MPC wallets to build your project with. Use the Fireblocks API and SDKs to create wallets at scale, deploy smart contracts, interact cross-chain, interact with popular testnets, and build the best possible products for your project or business. To make it even easier for you, Fireblocks can be added to your stack and included in almost any other project you’re working on at Permissionless.
The Fireblocks Developer Sandbox enables you to:
- Develop in the language and tech stack of your choice using our SDKs, APIs and Web3 tools
- Implement both financial and non-financial use cases, basically, anything that requires a crypto wallet to operate
- Perform cross-chain operations from a single platform, because Fireblocks supports multiple protocols and chains
- Maintain wallets or generate one-time deposit addresses for your users
- Generate non-custodial wallets for your users, enabling them to maintain full control of their assets
- Deploy smart contracts
- Interact with contracts from your backend
- Sign off-chain messages
- Sign, broadcast, and track the execution of transactions
- Mint NFTs or fungible tokens (ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-1155)
1st challenge – $6,000
2nd challenge – $2,500
3rd challenge – $2,500
- Sign up for Fireblocks Sandbox
- Developer Documentation
- Fireblocks SDKs and tools
- Developer community (login included in sandbox registration approval)
Hackathon Challenges To Choose From
Challenge 1: Use Fireblocks Non-Custodial Wallets in combination with the Fireblocks APIs or SDKs
Description: Fireblocks Non-Custodial Wallets enables end-users to maintain control over their digital assets without relying on a third-party custodian. Our secure solution offers native web and mobile SDKs that you can seamlessly integrate into your applications. leverage multi-party computation (MPC) technology, which ensures the security and privacy of users’ funds. The use of MPC ultimately enables end-users to retain control over their private keys, while also providing an easy backup and recovery experience. In this challenge, we’re looking for the practical application of Fireblocks Non-Custodial Wallets to your project.
Challenge 2: Use the Fireblocks APIs or SDKs to deploy Fireblocks wallets for your project
Description: The Fireblocks Developer Sandbox enables you to generate free MPC wallets on Testnet. Regardless of the kind of application you’re building, you can use Fireblocks to store your users’ assets, and securely manage and deploy your smart contracts. In this challenge, we’re looking for creative and/or practical deployments of Fireblocks wallets as a core aspect of your project.
Challenge 3: Develop an open-source tool using Fireblocks.
Description: If you enjoyed interacting with the Fireblocks Web3 provider, the Local JSON RPC, or our Hardhat plugin, this challenge is for you. We’re looking for fresh new ideas for tools of a similar nature to help simplify and elevate developers’ experience when interacting with Fireblocks. The goal is to help developers focus on optimizing for their use cases and spend less time on technical integrations. The output for this challenge is a functioning and usable tool that developers can use to make their experience building with Fireblocks a more seamless one.
- Judging will be based on the most innovative use cases that meet the requirements of each challenge. We’re looking for creativity and we want to see a working MVP.
- You should be able to present your thought process, including architecture notes, design considerations, and any issues and resulting resolutions you performed as part of your project
- You should also be able to clearly and thoughtfully articulate constructive feedback on the Fireblocks Developer Sandbox, API, or SDKs – anything that helps us improve the developer experience
- Bonus points will be awarded to participants who join the Fireblocks Developer Community to share your ideas
Fireblocks Prize Payout – Legal Criteria
Winners must attest and certify that they are not a citizen of, or located within, a country or territory that is subject to comprehensive U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including without limitation Crimean region of the Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) and are not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including without limitation the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List, Foreign Sanctions Evaders List, and Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List, administered by OFAC, and the Denied Party List, Entity List and Unverified List, administered by BIS).