About The Position
The SecOps Director will contribute to the implementation of the overall Fireblocks information security strategy related to cyber security defense and operations. In this role, you will lead the global team’s mission to defend Fireblocks’ platform and enterprise systems, including threat hunting and monitoring, SIEM, and advanced incident response functions. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the company’s overall “protect, defend, contain, eradicate, recover” strategy around cybersecurity.
You will lead the development of workflows for security monitoring and event escalation and incident management including all staff, technology, projects, and coordination with analysis and investigation.
- Development and implementation of our department workforce strategy, including effective and inclusive recruitments for vacant global positions, staff development and growth, and fostering a culture of engagement and strive-to-remediate.
- Provide the CISO with an ongoing cyber situation picture while establishing key security performance indicators (KPI) that ensure proper service delivery and continuous Security Operations Center service improvements.
- Demonstrate advanced technical knowledge and experience in Cloud infrastructure, data, application, systems, and network security concepts and the tools used to identify security threats, and defend against adversary TTP’s.
- Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategies to technical staff, executive leadership, legal counsel, and internal and external clients
- Build and maintain a culture of problem solving, accountability, accomplishment, continuous improvement and teamwork
- Provide vision for in-house digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) capability and formalize relevant processes and procedures.
- Develop SecOps and SOC program strategies, and provide recommendations along with affiliated roadmaps and project plans. This may involve facilitating and delivering SecOps/SOC program workshops and discovery sessions to assist with defining an overarching strategy
- Strategic vision for key programs including Cyber Incident Detection & Response, Threat & Vulnerability Management, and Data Protection
- 8 years of experience in Incident Response, CSOC team, Threat Hunting or related fields,
- +3 years of senior leadership experience in a related field (roles where you are managing the needs of multiple teams and executive stakeholders).
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms and delivery models, including AWS / Azure / GCP.
- Experience managing major security incidents (cloud/saas incidents preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop efficient processes and clear documentation for Fireblocks and our customers.
- Professional information security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP,
- Experience managing technical staff. Excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple functions or departments through subordinate managers and professional staff and the ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals which measure effectiveness of contributions to efficient operations of the department.
- Strong communication skills with project teams, stakeholders, and external contacts including both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Cloud and vendor security standards and assessment frameworks (CSA, SOC 2), including vendor and contract management issues.
- Managed global security team - Advantage
- Experience with the fundamentals of blockchain technology - Advantage
- Experience with Fintech security governance and policy - Advantage