Founded in 2018 and already valued at over $8 billion, Fireblocks is a SaaS platform that helps companies to create innovative products on the blockchain and manage day-to-day crypto operations. Fireblocks is trusted by some of the largest financial institutions, banks, globally-recognized brands, and Web3 companies in the world, including BNY Mellon, BNP Paribas, ANZ Bank, Revolut, and thousands more, to securely scale digital asset operations through the Fireblocks Network and MPC-based wallet infrastructure. We have offices in New York, London, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, and we are continuing to expand our teams to reach new customers globally.
The Finance team is looking for someone who is passionate about technology and has a roll-up-their-sleeves mentality to join our global team. You’ll play a crucial role in driving financial excellence, leveraging your expertise to analyze intricate statements and provide invaluable insights that fuel Fireblocks’ success. If you want to be an industry leader, on a team experiencing hyper-growth, look no further!
What you’ll do
As a Staff Accountant, you will play a crucial role in our financial operations. You’ll be responsible for daily accounting tasks, including customer payment applications, vendor invoice processing, conduct month-end and year-end closures and working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure financial accuracy and integrity. You’ll deliver key insights that will drive our business forward.
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses, and analytical reviews.
- Reconcile complex accounts and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Prepare journal entries in compliance with accounting standards.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for management and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedural documentation
- Provide insights into financial performance by identifying trends, variances, and potential areas of concern
- Participate in audits and provide necessary documentation to auditors.
- Oversee the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger accounts
- Participate in building scalable accounting processes to support global growth
- Identify opportunities to streamline accounting processes and improve efficiency
- Coordinate with other departments to gather necessary financial data and ensure proper accruals
- Propose and implement enhancements to financial reporting tools and systems
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or other related.
- NetSuite or similar ERP experience
- GAAP proficient
- Strong understanding of how financial statements interact
- Detail-oriented and ownership mentality
- Willingness to go above and beyond expectations
- Familiarity with crypto-related transactions and processes
For employees hired to work remotely from New York, or from our NYC HQ, Fireblocks is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range is specific to New York City and takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are reviewed when making a hiring decision, such as years of experience, skills, and other business needs.
It is not typical for a candidate to be hired at or near the top of the pay range and each compensation decision is dependent on each individual case. A reasonable base salary range estimate for this position is $65,000 - $85,000. The base salary is one component of the total compensation package, which for some roles may include a target bonus, a very competitive equity grant, and very generous benefits.
While we believe competitive compensation is a critical aspect of your decision to join us, we do hope you also spend time considering why our mission and culture are right for you. We are creating something transformational here, and we hope you are as excited about the future as we are.
Fireblocks' mission is to enable every business to easily and securely access digital assets and cryptocurrencies. In order to do that, we strongly believe our workforce should be as diverse as our clients, and this is why we embrace diversity and inclusion in all its forms.